Sunday 12 June 2011

Style guides...

In more recent years more and more celebrities and style icons have released their own style guides. Some of them are awful but some of them are so lovely. It's so exciting turning the glossy pages to see pictures of designer clothes and fabulous outfits and shoes and handbags and more.
One of the most popular ones recently has been the Lauren Conrad Style book, which unfortunately I don't own though I did buy it for my one of my best friends, Sarah, for her birthday last year - and it was incredibly difficult to hand that over as a gift!

However one of my favourites is Victoria Beckham's That Extra Half an Inch. Now technically, this isn't mine, it's actually my step-mum's that I borrowed a few years ago that I somehow never returned to her, oops.
But I rekindled my love with it earlier this week and I just think it's so beautifully put together and well written. Although Victoria Beckham isn't a style icon of mine but I definitely understand why she is classed as a style icon, and well deservingly too.


I don't even know if this is legal that I can post these pictures but whatever....! The book really is fabulous: it's split into different sections from 'jeans', 'dresses', 'shoes' to 'winter', 'pregnancy', and 'make-up'. There are some beautiful images of Victoria in the book, and it's funny to look back at how her style used to be and how long her hair used to be with those hair extensions!
Anyway it's such a lovely book with some great advice and I'm sure you'll be able to pick this up now for a really cheap price in paperback probably.

Hope you enjoyed this post,
Lucy xxx

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to get this book! I'll definitely search for it in London :)
    &By the way, your blog is so adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diana, it's such a great book, definitely pick it up if you can! And thank you so much for the sweet message! x

    ReplyDelete